Ballet Skirts by Lucinda
Minty Chiffon Ballet Wrap Skirt
Beautiful chiffon bespoke ballet wrap skirts
Are you looking for a ballet skirt that feels flowy, airy, and light? Do you want to stand out in your class, workshop, or audition with a unique design that no one else is wearing? Why be ordinary when you can be exquisite!
This beautiful bespoke ballet wrap skirt has been meticulously handcrafted in Somerset, England. It was designed by a ballerina who was always trying to find the perfect skirt herself, without a one size fits all approach.
The beautiful chiffon fabric has been selected for its handle and feel and for the quality of the drape and 'floatiness'. The skirts are cut on the bias (mass produced skirts are cut on the straight to use more fabric), so they will be floaty at the back, but will fall flat at the front to enhance your figure.
- Skirt is very slightly higher at the front than the back.
- Skirt tapers at the back to give an elegant line. (Length can vary slightly due to the stretch of the fabric)
- The fabric is designed to move and flow with you and therefore only the best quality chiffons, velvets and georgettes are used to achieve this.
- The hems of the skirts are beautifully over-locked in threads that match the ribbons.
- Satin Ribbon: High quality Berrisford or Shindo ribbon, which elegantly ties and tumbles down at the back. It will not fray, stretch or knot at the first instance like many on the market.
- Elastic: Comfortable elastic comes in multiple colours and shades to match every skirt and will assure that your skirt stays in place and won't move around while you're dancing. This is especially good for partnering work.
- Velvet Elastic: This is our most luxurious tie.
Small - fits 23-26" waist (AU/UK size 4-6) **with satin tie
Medium - fits 27-30" waist (AU/UK size 8-10) **with velvet elastic tie
Large - fits 31-34" waist (AU/UK size 12-14) **with velvet elastic tie
**Model is wearing 16” medium skirt
**If you don't see a skirt you like, we can custom order one for you, with sizing starting from AU/UK Size 0 - under 20" waist) up to AU/UK Size 16, including fabric and length of your choice. Skirt lengths start from 9" (for younger children), and can be made up to 30". Please send us your request.
Chiffon is a delicate fabric and should be treated as such to extend the life of the skirt. Wash all skirts in a small net bag, ideally at 30 degrees with fabric softener to keep it soft.The bag is necessary to stop the ties from getting tangled up and pulled about in the machine.
The skirts can then be hung to dry naturally - DO NOT tumble or you will reduce the life of the skirt and it may become static!
Once washed, shake and hang out to dry, as there is no need to iron.