Ballet Skirts by Lucinda
Wild Pastels Ballet Wrap Skirt
Beautiful georgette bespoke ballet wrap skirts
Are you looking for a ballet skirt that feels flowy, airy, and light? Do you want to stand out in your class, workshop, or audition with a unique design that no one else is wearing? Why be ordinary when you can be exquisite!
This beautiful bespoke ballet wrap skirt has been meticulously handcrafted in Somerset, England. It was designed by a ballerina who was always trying to find the perfect skirt herself, without a one size fits all approach.
The beautiful georgette fabric has been selected for its handle and feel and for the quality of the drape and 'floatiness'. The skirts are cut on the bias (mass produced skirts are cut on the straight to use more fabric), so they will be floaty at the back, but will fall flat at the front to enhance your figure.
- Skirt is very slightly higher at the front than the back.
- Skirt tapers at the back to give an elegant line. (Length can vary slightly due to the stretch of the fabric)
- The fabric is designed to move and flow with you and therefore only the best quality chiffons, velvets and georgettes are used to achieve this.
- The hems of the skirts are beautifully over-locked in threads that match the ribbons.
- Satin Ribbon: High quality Berrisford or Shindo ribbon, which elegantly ties and tumbles down at the back. It will not fray, stretch or knot at the first instance like many on the market.
- Elastic: Comfortable elastic comes in multiple colours and shades to match every skirt and will assure that your skirt stays in place and won't move around while you're dancing. This is especially good for partnering work.
- Velvet Elastic: This is our most luxurious tie.
Small - fits 23-26" waist (AU/UK size 4-6) **with satin tie
Medium - fits 27-30" waist (AU/UK size 8-10) **with velvet elastic tie
Large - fits 31-34" waist (AU/UK size 12-14) **with velvet elastic tie
**Model is wearing a 19" size small skirt
**If you don't see a skirt you like, we can custom order one for you, with sizing starting from AU/UK Size 0 - under 20" waist) up to AU/UK Size 16, including fabric and length of your choice. Skirt lengths start from 9" (for younger children), and can be made up to 30". Please send us your request.
- Though this material is strong, hand washing is best.
- Fill a sink or tub with cold water.
- Add a small amount of mild detergent and agitate the water to mix.
- Add the clothing and gently swish it around in the water.
- Remove from the water and squeeze to remove excess water.
- Avoid stretching and wringing the fabric as it will cause it to lose its shape.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Again, squeeze out excess water.
- Lay the piece on a flat surface or on a drying rack and allow it to air dry completely.
- Avoid extended periods of sunlight to prevent fading.
DO NOT dry georgette fabrics in the dryer or you will reduce the life of the skirt and it may become static!